Sunday, November 24, 2013

once upon personality-type revelation

     I drove in circles for nearly 45 minutes in search of the perfect coffee shop experience. coffee that is actually good (this narrows the field dramatically even in a town like New Orleans) Not too crowded, not too hipster, not too commercial. When I finally realized how long I'd been driving, and how many different directions I'd turned, "maybe this place, maybe I'll go downtown..or no maybe way uptown..." I settled on the Village Coffee and Tea Co. on Jefferson and Freret: decent coffee, poor service, but quietly busy enough with other people doing more important things that I can feed off their energy, find something important to do. and perhaps most people are not doing anything of any particular importance, but they, too, are feeding off the energy of expectation of this small cross section of coffee addicts, and thus becoming more productive.  Now that's what I call reciprocity.
     I'm an INFJ, according to Ms. Katherine Cook Briggs, and Ms. Isabel Briggs Myers. I'm an outgoing introvert, with a knack for counseling other people, and the pleasurable burden of usually being right with just enough insecurity to keep me from trusting my own judgement. It's on this fine, brisk Sunday that I've hit my maximum of alone-in-my-house time, and am filling my pail with alone-with-other-people-around time. Thus, the coffee shop excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment