Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Frettings at 6:13am

Is "frettings" a word? Ok, no it's not, but no matter; I simply wish to imply a certain return to infancy which occurs during these early morning hours: I need food. I need sleep. I need...coffee. Yes, from infancy in my house we were conditioned with a lovely beverage called coffee milk. Coffee milk, when made properly, is simmered on a stove top: 10% coffee, 90%milk, and about 3 tablespoons of sugar. Delectable. However, somewhere along the lines, we stop needing the milk and the percentages flip flop. This change has led me to months --years--of shaky-hands, twitching eyes, spastic arm gestures, and mood swings that rival the manic depressive, and an ever-deepening need for the very cause of the ruckus: coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment