Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Freedom in being unmemorable

As much as I'd like to think of myself as an-outside-the-box thinker, I must admittedly come to the conclusion that I have not had a single original thought in my entire life. The fact is, everything that I think about--even the most odd--has been thought already by many, many people. Though I cannot help but hope one day to be a great thinker who might actually contribute among the truly genius ideas of other people, let's face it: Out of the millions and millions of people, smart people, out there in the world and in history, there is a minuscule number of people who contributed something different and/or innovative enough for us to remember. Somehow, this fact actually encourages me...There is a freedom in being unmemorable. It is likely no one will ever remember anything that I say or write or do. HA! So it doesn't matter if 5 years from today I look at this blog and feel morbidly embarrassed. 5 years from that day, I'll probably have forgotten about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment