Monday, September 21, 2009

Play.

I've started reading a truly awful, yet interesting blog: http://roissy.wordpress.com/
It's by a man about men, and his opinions on relationships, the nature of male and female reactions, dating market values of both sexes....very interesting stuff. Some things may make your blood boil, others make you laugh out loud. Either way, I've enjoyed reading it recently especially in light of my quasi-recent break-up with my very own alpha male-coward variety. What i have decided to do is something of an addendum to my Maneaters club that only exists in my imagination and just come up with a few life rules to follow and to pass along to unsuspecting women like me.
**Let me just add, I've never referred to myself as a woman until last month at some point. Maybe this awakening from the fairytale dream has somehow changed the way I view myself in some ways. I'm a girl most of the time, but when it comes to relationships, I'm a woman. and don't you forget it boys. Oh wait, I don't talk to you guys anymore....No matter.

Rule NUMBER ONE: Never expect. Perceive.

#2 Make every effort to learn how to speak the language of a man before they learn how to speak yours.

#3 Realize you are susceptible to "GAME" and men who have it will attract you--be careful who you play with.

It's not that I think these rules will really protect any of us completely from the web of our wily counterparts. (Especially considering that deep down we still WANT to be captured!!!!! ARRRG!) I do believe however, we might avoid some of the heartache we don't fully understand by learning about the nature of the men (or boys) we're dealing with.

Let's learn how to play. Shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment