Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh Master

In the past two days, I have been approached by not one but TWO young men who have insisted upon making me their Sith Padawan, their protege of the dark side of the Force. Are my friends bigger nerds than I am? Well, it's looking grim. I do not wish to be a member of the dark force, thank you very much! If I am going to submit to a master, it's going to be a master of some goal I actually wish to achieve. Because what does a master do? He tells you you're an idiot, that you know nothing, that you a large pile of masticated beef. You get mad, wish you were dead, tear your hair out, scream and cry.... and then you get BETTER at whatever you're trying to accomplish. Thank you, master.

Yes, I have no intention of putting myself through this kind of torture, however effective, if the outcome is to be the demise of my soul. I do quite well all by myself in that department. The evil man only serves himself. So in the case of the Sith master, the padawan should be aware that his master will most likely betray him anyway. Likewise, the master should be aware that his padawan will most likely kill him, enjoying each moment in retribution for the torture he experienced on the road to becoming a full fledged Sith. What is the POINT, people??!?
Of course, is the sith master completely evil if he desires to impart his knowledge, that being an unselfish act....Or no, because it is possible to educate for selfish reasons...hm. But why if you know it's going to backfire on you? ARG. I don't understand.

I recall reading something by Nietzsche that at once described the void of love and love itself. I wonder what this means when applied to actions...I wish I could remember what I was reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment