Thursday, September 17, 2009

Precious Helplessness

There is nothing like a wonderful wave of helplessness to bring you back to center, and there are few things in life quite like being locked out of your house and your car at the same time that give you that sensation we all hate. However, there is nothing like returning to the spastic arm motions toward the dreaded door button and the smile that hurts my cheeks that make me realize how a precious, helpless hour and half of nothing to do can be so...nice. I think I spend so much time in fast motion that I start forgetting that life can and does exist at regular speed, and that the world doesn't end when you can't make it somewhere. No one hates you and you haven't downgraded from overachiever to slacker status because you enjoy a little breather. (This is a great fear of mine.) You may even be better for missing whatever you're missing, or whatever it is you think you're missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment