Thursday, September 3, 2009

Edgyness in Perception

I finally slept well after more than two weeks of getting between 3 1/2 and 5 hours of sleep per night. Of course, I overslept through 3 alarms, and woke only after incorporating text messages from work into my dream, which I realized almost immediately were part of my real world. ARG. I have been extremely edgy this summer in general, but this month has been...special. My personal narrative is at once rudely shaken and painfully redundant. My thoughts are so vivid that I have to force myself to pay attention to anything actually in front of me. This is particularly unnerving while driving. WAY too often I end up a mile down the road and don't remember how I got to that point.
I've been spending a great deal of time thinking about perception, especially my own, and how it is affecting the vision of reality. The truth is, I have a wide variety of perceptions. At this point, I think the variety is just leading to fear a self-diagnosis of schizophrenia. I may be painfully unaware of what is actually happening around me. Maybe this is because what I'm thinking so hard about is in fact the perception of other people who, I imagine, are first of all struggling to understand what their own perception is, which is changing as often as mine is, making it virtually impossible to analyze from the outside. It's a futile effort that I wish I could just put down and forget.Is this how philosophers come to the conclusion that there is no reality? Because they can't find it for themselves beyond there own perception?

I'm losing sleep over this ridiculousness and its beginning to vex me.

No comments:

Post a Comment