Monday, August 31, 2009

Slip of the hand...Save your soul!

Last night in mass, my friend was struggling to pull small bills out of her purse for the collection basket. I remember noticing as she hurriedly searched her wallet and threw what looked like a couple of 1's into the pleasant-faced usher's long-handled basket. I, yet again, had not taken my wallet into church with me, and bashfully avoided his eyes. As it turned out, my friend had donated for the both of us. She had accidentally put her $100 bill in the basket, which she noticed only after it fell in. !! And being the good and generous that she is, she just let it go, though not without a little anxiety and not without stifling the reaction stop the pleasant-faced usher, "I didn't mean to give that much!" and dig through the basket to get it back. But no, no, no. That would have been bad form indeed. In the basket it stayed, waiting to *wow* the parish accountant. Next stop Sainthood, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment