Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Emotional Kaleidoscope

Though many a broken-hearted girl may self-diagnose herself as bi-polar and be done with it, we would all do ourselves an injustice by not properly assessing the wide spectrum of our emotions....

Does that sound psycho-babbly at all?

To be honest, I just had a very brief thought in which I compared human emotions to a Kaleidoscope: Captivating, vibrant, easily moved, somewhat out of control unless the barrel is moved ever so carefully...does this make sense? Is this ringing a bell? Wondering about emotions leads me back to my questions about perception vs. truth I mentioned in the earlier blog on Kant...we can be so fragile, yet so strong. Our emotions can drive us over the edge, so the answer seems to be that we should become less emotional beings... for self preservation reasons, right? And now for the original KALEIDOSCOPE COMPARISON!!...

I REALLY don't appreciate the frequent SHAKING of my kaleidoscope of late! So I'll soak the end in Coke and wait for the colored pieces to start gumming together, or maybe add some nice olive oil so everything slows down. OR perhaps I should learn to see the beauty in the colors mixing together and enjoy the ride. I still maintain my position that it is better to be able to experience pain than to become emotionally stunted and close off. You don't get anywhere that way, and I imagine a lot more people get hurt that way. Ironic isn't it? At least if you allow yourself to feel, the more you experience the more opportunity you have to learn about how emotions affect your perception, how they can help you, how they can harm you, how they can keep you from seeing what really is.

This is going to require another post, but I'm feeling too disjointed to finish my thoughts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment