Thursday, October 1, 2009

Advocating for Letter Writing

I like to write letters. Isn't receiving REAL MAIL the best thing in the world? I write letters to my grandmother because I never call. Or when I do call I miss her. But even she says receiving letters is one of the best things in the world, better than calls. It shows you've taken time to really think about the person you're writing too. Postcards can have this effect as well. I received my first postcard in years over the summer, and it absolutely made my day, my week even. Besides the effect on the receiving end, it's a pleasure on the sending end as well. It's such an easy form of writing to me. Maybe this is why blogging is so relaxing. It's like writing a letter. No formalities, but because it is a mode of communication, there is enough at stake to make you pay attention to things like mood, tone, and creativity with your words and thoughts.

Letters are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment