Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some Favorite things I've learned (includes use of the word "ragamuffin")

1. Beetles and june bugs and other round fliers hit themselves against walls and panes of glass over and over again because they are compelled to fly in a complete circle around any given light. If the light just so happens to be attached to a wall, well...hello, exoskeleton injury.

2. Fantasy Football is actually a stats game to which entire magazines and websites are dedicated. I definitely imagined a virtual reality game where your helmet was the controller with awesome video feed inside.

3. Shaving cream may leave a stain on your door in the shape of a smiley face over the course of 15 years give or take if you use it to draw a smiley face on your cousins' bedroom door. Margarine also leaves a stain on your walls for at least 17 years.

4. Doing a handstand in your living room sometimes does involve crashing into a glass table. ARG. Your parents were right again.

5. Without a doubt, you will always run into the most people you know when you are dressed like a ragamuffin.

6. No on ever uses the word ragamuffin anymore. I'm resurrecting it.

7. Is it wrong that I always imagined a short squatty child with rags tossed haphazardly in and around her overalls.... and a blueberry muffin when using the word ragamuffin?

8. The Little Match Girl is the world's most depressing movie. Why did I see it at the age of 7? I suppose it's never to early for parents to start teaching social awareness...or maybe it was a sneaky way of getting my sister and me to stop whining. "See? You could be dying in the cold like the little match girl." I don't have a complex or anything about that.

9. Complexes come in boxes of at least a bakers dozen.

10. A loooot of people don't know what a baker's dozen is. It's 13, ok people?!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on ragamuffin! I also want to bring back "hornswaggled", "bamboozled", and "swell"...hahahaha
    And as far as FF, aye...what a shit team I have this year...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i learned new things here today. thank you.... i will join in the effort to bring ragamuffin back. its making me hungry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete