Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No one should be forced to smile before Coffee



No one should be forced to smile before coffee because it's an action that is contrary to physical readiness at certain points in time. Do you know how many muscles you use to smile? Check out mr. man to the left. That's insanity. Think about how hard it is to move your legs in the morning after you've been lying down for5-8 hours. By the way, only 8 muscles are used in walking as opposed to 17 in your smile. Ok. So my science may be flimsy, but the point is no one expects anyone to get up and just start running to the best of their ability--not at least without a little adrenaline, a little fight or flight response, or something. Most of us, I suppose, choose something a little less heart-attacky/snake-dropped-at-my-feet fearfulness like coffee. If you haven't noticed after reading various past posts, I need coffee to survive my days on this earth. You know, sometimes I wish that I could just get rid of the habit, but I just can't; and more importantly, I don't want to. I would like to advocate the abolition of a workplace requirement to smile unless coffee be supplied upon arrival. Geez, look at that guy in the picture. Yeah, he looks like he needs a little Red Bull, li'l Pj's iced mocha to pull himself together.


awwww.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to print this out and tap it when coworkers try to talk to me before 10am.

    ReplyDelete