Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pietro Davenport

I just thought of this name. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be funny to come up with some random alias through whom I could post anything and everything. It would be like second Life in the Blog world. It's strange, even to me, that I thought the name should belong to a man. Is this because deep down I feel like it's more acceptable for a man to be a public jerk than it is for a woman? As in, it's somehow "unsightly" to be as ridiculous as this guy for instance----> http://roissy.wordpress.com/---- not that I want to be some female version of him. Right now, the only woman public icon of ridiculousness I can think of is Anne Coulter. um. I really don't want to be like her either. Is this because women are too driven by emotion? We just can't escape from our innate compassion for the feelings of others? No, I think there are too many female contradictions of that fact to be anything more than an exception to a sad, sad rule. but MAYBE, that's because so many women today are trying to be like men who, in consequence, have been emasculated and even more frustrating to the woman who we'll call the archetypal, "woman's woman," both strong and independent, but wise enough to understand the world doesn't need any more "men" (and by this I mean women acting like men) running things, least of all our relationships, and acts accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment