Saturday, October 31, 2009

you know what?!

I got told by two people yesterday that I think too much, and all of my conversations are too deep. Well, people, it's posted on my blog. Did you see the cartoon?! I'm fully aware of this problem. I can't help it if I'm bored talking about nothing in particular unless you're just really funny.

I frequently refer back to the the two topics more suited to small talk the weather and everyone's help. Man, did the Hurricane make that SO much more interesting. (P.S. If you're reading this and you're not from Louisiana, the hurricane is always Hurricane Katrina.) It's kind of like "the drawer" because it's the only one that matters. Of course, please understand I don't want to sound like horrific natural disasters are somehow positive because they keep our small talk nice and interesting. I'm not that morbid, ok? GOSH.

Everyone's health is really only good for either changing the subject or for giving someone an jumping point for their story. No one really cares about how anyone is actually doing. You're either stressed (aren't we all?) , tired, good, fine, hangin' in there...I mostly try to get the other person to do the small talking because I'm sure that I will bore him or her do death, or worse, present myself as incredibly awkward and ridiculous as my close friends know me to be.

Y'all are right. I think too much.But I'm so bored and stuck chained behind the desk. What else can I do but sit around and over analyze? Really now!

No comments:

Post a Comment