Thursday, October 22, 2009

I don't want to be diluted Grape KoolAid.

Last Wednesday I joined a band without realizing I had joined a band. I realized it yesterday at practice for...a gig that is no longer happening... when the band leader started including me in a discussion about another member he's thinking about kicking out because she's not committed enough. WHOA THERE! I'm pretty sure I'm the one with the least amount of commitment in this outfit. I thought I was just being brought in for one or two things but nothing long term. Granted, I will admit that all of this confusion is not at least partly my own fault, just not paying attention, being tired, etc...Whatever, I'm an ARTISTE. I can't be blamed for my irresponsibility for my own...er...flightyness?
Bahhhh! But either way, in the middle of the practice I ended up leaving "early" after 2 hours (geez!), I started planning my escape. The leader is definitely pushy and excited about this band. I completely understand. He should be. But unfortunately, my candle has been burned on both ends and quite a few places in the middle. I'm becoming like a piece of dough that has been stretched to the point of breakage, or KoolAid that has been dissolved in too much water. Yeah that's me with a band commitment, diluted grape KoolAid.
Everyone loves Grap KoolAid until it becomes just sugar, hint of dimatap and Children's tylenol, gross water.
I don't think so, Tim. I don't think so.


oh P.S. I just had a horrible relation that I may be a transition-girl/ therapist for a number of people who have been in my life. I'm going to have to start charging for this services. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment