Monday, October 19, 2009

Two weeks passed so quickly

Last night when I was dropping off my friend at her house after picking her up from the airport, I had this strange sensation that it was morning. Then I realized, I'd been up before the sun almost every day for 14 days straight and my body must be confused, like a diver that swims deeper instead of going to the surface because he's lost track of where "up" is.
Of course, I haven't quite reached the level of insanity evident one day a little over a year ago when I woke up, got dressed and left my house at 12:30am thinking it was time to go to work. I didn't think to look at the clock in my car until I saw a cab dropping off a very, very drunk person. Wow, he's out late, I thought. No, Dorian, you have hallucinated 5:30am.

ANYWAY
Yeah, I went to Boston two weekends ago and Virginia this past weekend so the days in between have been insanely busy so I haven't gotten a chance to share all kinds of fun revelations...Of course now I can't think of most of them but I will say that Boston was amazing. I gave myself a walking tour, which was fantastic and quite physically rewarding. I hope to move there next fall and thus be forced to buy real winter clothing for the first time ever. And boots-- because it really doesn't make sense to have anything but rain boots in New Orleans because it's cold enough to wear boots about a week out of the year in total.

Fun memories of Boston:
NUMBER 1: Drawing excessive attention to myself at BC by falling down the stairs on campus in between the library and the Philosophy department building. Nice.

2. Begin recognized while riding on the T rail by someone who attended the same Friday night lecture as I did.

3. Paying 7 dollars for a pint of Blue Moon. Whoops.

4. Being asked for directions at least twice as often as being offered directions. Point for blending in!

5. Falling in love with Harvard Square and the book store and the number of men in oxford cloth shirts looking all serious and studious. Aww, y'all are so hard core.

6. Being conscious of the number of times I say "y'all." Whatever, it's the smoothest way to refer to a group of people in the second person. And I'm sure my future Bostonian friends will love me for it. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment