Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday night




Do I earn the title of "heinous bitch" if I confess that I met some of the most frustratingly disappointing, pathetic members of the opposite sex and treated them with such disdain that I didn't even bother smiling to hide the fact that my comments to them were meant to extinguish any shred of hope they might of had in impressing and therefore connecting with me?

The male sex maybe experiencing a dark age, though to be fair, so might the female sex. I think I'll just be asexual...like a snail, you know? Or maybe a starfish. Yes, most people like starfish, but what are they?They're a mystery to the world at large. Everyone thinks starfish are cool, but nobody messes with a starfish, unless you're a Shark or a manta ray or something. (Hey, the metaphor continues!) They're kind of repulsive in their beauty, I guess. That way, if I ever feel the need to "extend myself" into this world, I could just cut off my arm and part of my torso. No games.

O00 I just thought of a t-shirt idea: "No games, Just Gametes" HA. Wait. That's wrong. very, very wrong. Ok, that might suggest something other than what I meant, so let me clarify my stream of consciousness:
The games are getting REALLY old, guys. We might be ok with playing if you're actually good at them, meaning, you know how to finish them. Games are fun sometimes but it's really annoying when one person really doesn't know the rules of engagement.

Anyway, so the reason why I'm saying any of this is because Friday night, I met three levels of "gamers." The first group (of two) really had it going on. The conversation was quick and funny, complex, flirtatious...a good game. It only turned sour when their age (i guess) got the better of them and we realized they had no idea how to "seal the deal." How..annoying and utterly unattractive.
Here's a tip: It's never funny or attractive to start laughing about some "inside joke" that you have no intention of sharing. I think this is true of both guys and girls.

The second level guy of the night for me proved to be a notch lower on my interest level scale---we're hovering about 2 and 3 on a scale of 1-10. He was drunker and older than I realized at first and incapable of carrying on a conversation I came to find out, even though it all centered on him. When you can't even talk about yourself, let alone be perceptive enough to engage the person in front of you, we have a problem.

The third and final level of low turned up at the last bar of the evening. If you refer back to my opening paragraph, you'll find out how I felt about them.

Ahh going out may turn into a case-study ritual before the end of it all!

2 comments:

  1. Going out is DEFINITELY case-study worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. maybe our new sign-off should be "it's been educational"

    ReplyDelete